Golfapalooza - Annual Golf Tournament to Benefit MPI NENY Chapter and Local Charity Selected annually by Golf Committee. The Golfapalooza Team is responsible for planning and managing the logistics for our annual golf tournament. Responsibilities of members include obtaining sponsorships, gathering auction items and recruiting Golfers, organizing details with venue/golf course and the promotion of the event:
What are some skills we recommend, but are not required to be a team member?
- The ability to plan and facilitate a multi-faceted social event. Willingness to give time, energy, talents and enthusiasm to get the job done.
- Plan, design, market and execute the chapter's Golf Classic. While the purpose of the event is social, it also serves as an opportunity for the chapter to raise funds and enhance chapter-wide programming for members throughout the year.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to interact with membership, sponsors and guests.
What is your level of commitment?
- Event is held annually in May. This committee meets every other month (mostly conference calls) to plan the event and report team’s progress. Great pre-event meeting at the location!
- As a Team Member you can elect to do as much or as little as you have time to do. It could be two hours a month, or if you choose to do more, the choice is yours! Support your team members and the entire team WINS!
MPI Golf Committee 2013
- Silent Auction: Christine Frament, Mary Jo Janis, Christine Peacock & Judy Rucinski
- Golf Coordinators: Ed Barone & Darryl Leggieri
- Sponsorships: Tom Gabriel & Jack Roddy
- Lunch Expo Coordination: Jackie Capone & Mame Noonan
- After Party Coordinator: Shelly Yeager
- Charity Coordinator: Christine Peacock